Pulumi is looking for a passionate Developer Advocate to lead our community outreach, spreading the word about how Pulumi can help developers and operators build innovative cloud software together. The Pulumi community is warm, welcoming, and already growing fast organically. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every team can program the cloud.
The Developer Advocate role at Pulumi is a unique opportunity to connect with developers worldwide, influence the direction of the product, and help to nurture and build out our growing community. Pulumi’s infrastructure as code platform is open source, and integrates with an enterprise SaaS suite of products, that is community-led in all aspects of its development. In this role, you will drive growth through community outreach, social, online content, and events.
Expect to learn, teach, and collaborate with a world class team of great people.
Responsibilities: * Design and develop product demos addressing common community pain points.
* Fuel momentum and nurture the success of Pulumi’s open source platform by advocating in-person and online through conference talks, workshops, blogging, social media, videos, technical tutorials, and other similar activities.
* Understand and help shape Pulumi’s go-to-market outreach programs, based on your own understanding of the developer and operator personas and ecosystem.
* Advocate for your community internally with product, engineering, sales, and marketing, and influence the direction of Pulumi’s platform and product roadmap.
* Build and foster an external community ecosystem of influencers, meetups, and experts to amplify and extend our community reach through mutually beneficial partnerships.
* Estimated travel of 30% within the United States and internationally.
Desired Experience: * 3+ years in a software development environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrable experience of public speaking, especially at technology conferences.
* Ability to author assets such as blog articles, presentations, and white papers.
* Cloud Platforms: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
* Prior experience designing and running hands-on training or workshop programs a plus.
About Pulumi:Pulumi is an open source project that reimagines how developers and operations teams work together for the entire cloud application lifecycle. By leveraging general purpose languages and their ecosystems, Pulumi eliminates walls of YAML and mountains of Bash, enabling engineers to work better together, share and reuse best practices, and build systems that use modern, multi-cloud capabilities as part of the central fabric of their team and their software.
Pulumi Corporation was founded in 2017 around this project to enable enterprises to adopt this new approach of developing and delivering cloud software within their organizations. We are increasingly finding customers want to empower their infrastructure operations teams to empower their development teams. Pulumi Corporation’s commercial offerings include a production-grade modern SaaS platform with advanced capabilities for team collaboration, auditing, and policy controls, as well as providing on-site self-hosting, support, and training.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we hire for it and celebrate it, for the benefit of our employees, our community, and our open source and commercial technologies. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations, please let us know.