This position can be in Boston, San Francisco or Remote!
Come help bring Fauna's serverless database to the developer community!
At Fauna, we're poised to redefine the database stack with a serverless data platform that makes operational data ubiquitous and easy to consume without sacrificing correctness, scalability and availability. We're targeting a $40B+ database market that is rapidly moving to a
[https://blogs.gartner.com/adam-ronthal/2019/06/23/future-database-management-systems-cloud/] model and we’re leading the pack.
In this role, we're looking for a full stack engineer who is passionate about evangelizing the use of FaunaDB in modern applications, and discussing those topics with peers via blogs, podcasts, webcasts and papers. In this opportunity you will experiment with FaunaDB, and showcase the power and flexibility of FaunaDB in building applications better and faster. You will also own the content program for developer evangelism, as well as contribute significantly to our social marketing channels.
To accomplish your goals, you will work closely with the Engineering, Product and Customer Success teams to discover and nurture new avenues for developer engagement. You will be creative, in your approach, and develop expertise in the use of FaunaDB and best practices around it. You will, at times be the first point of contact with Fauna for developers at conferences, meet-ups and elsewhere in the community - both on and offline - and you will help build our point of view in the market.
What You Will Do:
* Write developer-centric content (tutorials, samples, demos, feature explanations, etc.) for our blogs to promote the adoption of FaunaDB
* Author and edit thought leadership pieces for external publications on topics pertaining to FaunaDB, serverless application development, Cloud and Distributed Systems.
* Craft highly technical screencasts and videos to illustrate FaunaDB's capabilities and features and their use in modern applications.
* Build and drive a podcast to engage technical audiences in various communities.
* Own and drive content strategy for all our social media channels.
* Contribute to newsletters, email campaigns, website, banner ads and other Fauna marketing material.
* Create and present talks at industry conferences and meet-ups while representing FaunaDB in the developer community.
* Analyze effectiveness of content via metrics and reports, and continually strategize and iterate.
What You Will Bring:
* A computer science degree and/or a strong background in full-stack development using modern frameworks (React/Vue/NodeJS/etc.)
* Experience in using databases such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, Firestore, Postgres (and hopefully FaunaDB).
* A passion for sharing your knowledge with your peers including developers and architects for modern systems.
* Strong skills in both written/verbal English, wit, humor, and a collaborative sense to your content creation process.
* The ability to translate technical concepts into terms that can be easily understood both in written and verbal forms.
* Proficiency in using audio/video tools for creating necessary content, or willingness to learn.
* Public speaking experience and desire to present in small and large groups (online and offline).
* Bandwidth to travel up to 20%.
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup, building the first modern operational data platform without compromises or limits. FaunaDB is a serverless database that offers low-latency, global access to both relational and document data, without sacrificing strong data consistency. Scalable, secure, and developer-friendly, FaunaDB is designed to support modern application development in the Cloud. Developers looking to build rich applications look to FaunaDB as the de facto data platform for speed and ease. Founded in 2012 by the team that scaled Twitter, Fauna provides a remote friendly culture and is based in San Francisco and Boston. We are funded by Point72 Ventures, CRV, Data Collective, and Quest Venture Partners, with strategic investment from GV (formerly Google Ventures, a division of Alphabet), Capital One Growth Ventures, and LINE Corporation.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for developers to build applications using FaunaDB. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.