Company Description: Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 5 continents across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry. The company’s 40+ different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Job Description: The Community Manager is primarily responsible for supporting our communities through positive engagement on social channels, forums, and with content such as FAQs, livestreams, and game guides. CM’s work closely with our Community Developers to execute the overall community plan for our players.Candidates for this position should have a good understanding of games and platforms, including games-as-a-service models. If you are a passionate gamer, who likes to be creative, and is comfortable with online communities and social media with excellent communication skills, we would love to talk with you.Status: Permanent EmploymentCore Hours: 9am – 6pm (Monday – Friday)Location: Must work in-office at Cary, NC, US location (no telecommuting). Benefits: Comprehensive and competitive benefits package available (paid holidays, sick, vacation, pawternity, volunteer days; medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k, fitness and tuition reimbursement)Qualifications* 2-3 years’ experience in a community management or social media role. Experience in the video games industry a significant plus.
* Previous experience with user moderation in a digital/online environment, including experience working with forum, live chat, or other game mastering tools.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to create quality documentation for internal and external audiences.
* Strong understanding of social media services, mechanics, and trends; especially Twitter, Facebook, and reddit.
* Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style.
* Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Previous experience with customer first-contact and de-escalation a plus.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, with distributed teams.
* A passion for gaming.
Responsibilities* Collaborate on defining and executing the community engagement strategy with the title’s Community Developer.
* Develop and maintain an active, positive relationship with players in the community.
* Create programs to identify key influencers and stakeholders and convert them to community advocates.
* Build and maintain a calendar of content, events, and activities designed to keep players engaged with the product and franchise.
* Create player-facing content such as guides, videos, and FAQs to help enhance and deepen the player experience.
* Devise and manage contests and other events, facilitating the fulfillment of prize delivery when needed.
* Work with internal production resources to produce assets required to support content deliverables.
* Communicate directly with the player base through community channels, and review/proof/copyedit outbound communications to ensure readability and alignment.
* Develop messaging plans that align with content calendars to drive engagement goals across community channels.
* Help stimulate and moderate player conversations across all community channels.
* Create daily, weekly, and monthly reports capturing a snapshot of overall community health.
Additional Information: Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.